Thursday, December 1, 2011

beginning

Happy December first, friends! I can't believe it's here already... I'm not ready for it yet! We've got the lights up on the front porch and I have a whopping 3 classes left in my undergrad career and yet it doesn't quite feel like it's time yet. Does time always continue to go faster as you get older? Probably.

Alright, today begins my unofficial #Reverb11 blogging. I'm so glad my sweet friend Jessica has decided to join in, as has JE. It's always nice to have company in writing :)

The prompt: Where did 2011 begin?

When the clock struck midnight on December 30th, 2010 I was in my basement. 

That sounds lame... and it would have been, had you not factored in the fact that over 20 of my very favorite people were there also. Friends from my CK1 Camp Team flew and drove in from all over everywhere just to be together for New Years and then for many of us to head to Atlanta for Passion the next few days. If you've never been a part of a ck reunion, you're missing out because there is nothing like family taking a few minutes to catch up and then being right back where we left off. A whole year later, I still love and miss these kids more than I ever imagined.



A few minutes later we scurried out to my cul de sac with sparklers to ring in the new year and celebrate all the Lord had done in our lives, together and apart, over the past 12 months.




So that's where I was physically and believe me, there's absolutely no place I would have rather been. God has given me such an incredible group of friends and I think we each cherish the memories of being all together at least one more time. So much has changed in everyone's lives now and I love watching the Lord's plans unfold for all of us.

But where else was I? Let's think...

I was preparing to head back into my second semester of my junior year of college and was insanely overwhelmed with school work (a feeling that, praise the Lord, no longer exists).

I had recently found out I'd be working as Assistant Director at camp this year and was both super excited and super nervous.

I was trying really hard not to fall for the boy I knew I'd never get to date. We've been together about 7 months now.

I was grateful beyond all reason for my roommates (still am!) and was trying to catch the most of every minute with Jackie before she graduated and left us.

I was in the process of healing and thanking the Lord for restoring me through the closing of some doors.

I was enjoying my time at home with family just as much as I always do.

I was in a place of growth and remember praying for a stronger passion for the Word. That prayer continues.

I was just about to begin working at River Hills and had no idea what an impact that would make on my life.

And I think above all that I was just excited for a new year and a new chapter in life. I recognized that I had no idea what I was walking into. I have a life rule that I'll never start a new journal before every page of the last one is full, and somehow that always seems to fall right at the mark of something major happening in my life. I bought a new journal yesterday and I think it's no coincidence that I'll begin is as I prepare to move away to Jackson for the first time. I started a new one on January 5th of last year. I'll close this post with these words, straight off the first page:


...but I know I'm filled to be emptied again and there is such beauty in desiring wreckage in your life. I haven't the slightest idea where I'll go with this journal and this year. At the end of it I could be forever changed, could be in another country, could be dead... who knows. But surely along the way, God will teach me beautiful truths, show me His plans and His power, and likely put me through the unthinkable to further our relationship and advance the kingdom. I have no idea, but God does. And that has to be enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...