Wednesday, December 7, 2011

remember

Here's a weird confession for you: sometimes Reverb prompts make me feel a little bit like I'm dying.

I get that the point is to reflect back on the previous year, but I think this is a little harder for me than in years past because of the fact that so much is about to change and I don't get to return to this same place and time for another year of college. There are exciting adventures ahead but all this reflecting might be making me a little sad...

The prompt: What do you hope to remember?

Here's the thing: I want to remember everything about this past year.

I want to remember the time we got snowed in our apartment for an entire week.
I want to remember every silly song Anna has sung to me.
I want to remember every detail of the day I got a cupcake smushed in my face on the way home from Huntsville.
I want to remember the sweet faces of the kiddos I got to be with at camp this past year.
I want to remember the stories of how God moved in those kids lives.
I want to remember the day we helped build a house in the flooding rain.
I want to remember laughing and serving the kids in Brewton.
I want to remember how excited they were when we came back to go to a little league game.
I want to remember getting to see BB King, The Civil Wars, Dave Barnes, Ben Rector, NeedtoBreathe... 
I want to remember the beautiful nights of worship at BCM as we walked through John.
I want to remember game nights in our apartment.
I want to remember the time we built a fire in the driveway.
I want to remember the time Jackie set fire to a pizza in the oven.
I want to remember New Years eve and everything about the next few days at Passion.
I want to remember going to the mountains with the Teagues for the weekend.
I want to remember all the football games, though I could stand to forget having my picture on the website...
I want to remember Image Night and how the Lord moved through it.
I want to remember my second year of Dinner Theater coordinating, even if I thought it might kill me.

I want to remember the faces and the names of the precious kindergartners in New Orleans.
I want to remember building tents in the living room and watching bad lifetime movies.
I want to remember all the long road trips. A million miles to go.
I want to remember the joy on my grandfather's face every time he got to see me.
I want to remember building a cherpumple with Will-- the frustration and the victory.
I want to remember the time I learned to pick a lock and saved the dog from Season's room. 
I want to remember watching the kids at River Hills worship during DNow.
I want to remember the day I had to be the Rec Leader at camp.
I want to remember the time David sat in the ice machine at a sketchy gas station.
I want to remember getting to watch Daniel practice his sermons at training week.
I want to remember the peace the Lord taught me as I read through 1000 Gifts.
I want to remember the days of class that pointed me towards what I want to do with my life.
I want to remember all the quotes and all the giggles that came from 100.
I want to remember the time we stayed up all night to throw the girls a princess party and watch the royal wedding.
I want to remember eating dinner together on the back porch with the Christmas lights.
I want to remember Jackie's graduation party and object dancing together.
I want to remember the Meghan's weddings and how beautiful it was to share in their joys.
I want to remember the time a squirrel got loose in the camp store.
I want to remember the time Mary and I escaped for a day to eat cheese dip and go shopping.
I want to remember eating ice cream in Nashville.
I want to remember dreaming of living overseas.
I want to remember my last days of nannying for a sweet family and taking Isabel to ride her bike in the park.
I want to remember the time my sweet 12 year old told his mom he wanted to come take me to lunch on his day off of school.
I want to remember dancing in the kitchen.
I want to remember going to look at stars at an old abandoned golf course.
I want to remember the days the Lord spoke to me directly, even as I set up Kids Connection at church.
I want to remember the afternoon just hanging out with friends in Winder.
I want to remember the time we got lost in Atlanta going to see Wicked.
I want to remember the time I got a license plate in the mail.
I want to remember Charles Nations, leaping into Blake's arms, and falling off the bed laughing as we watched videos of our silly boys making cake.
I want to remember the time Alex and I made sausage balls at the crack of dawn.
I want to remember the time little miss Spencer and I pushed the fridge in front of the hotel room door in fear.
I want to remember the Savannah ghost tour.
I want to remember late nights of watching Boy Meets World dvds.

I want to remember each of the people that touched my heart, the stories that made me laugh, the butterflies in my stomach, and the places I got to go. I want to remember some of the things I've already forgotten. I want to remember all the Lord has taught me, through the joy and through the difficult situations. I could do this all day, but I have to go.

I'll be impressed if anyone read all the way through that but I enjoyed reminiscing for a few minutes. Until tomorrow, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...