Monday, November 7, 2011

november

A quick catch up on just a few of the random things happening around here as of late:

























I recently got to spend a some time with my favorite brother and this little guy in the great city of Nashville. I can't wait to see them both again at Thanksgiving. This year I'm just really excited about being with the entire family. My cousin just got back from being in boot camp (eek!) and I'm thrilled at the thought of having the whole family back in one place again. Plus, how could I not be excited about our annual day-after-thanksgiving girls shopping trip?! It's not so much about the shopping as it is the fact that my grandma and I have already begun making jokes about working out so we can knock people down to get the best deals. At some point we'll draw out a map, practice our distraction techniques, and challenge each other to work on our game faces. Never serious, always amusing.




































Last weekend I got to spend some time in the mountains with one of the sweetest families I know. It was Teague's Tootin in the Timbers weekend and you might be surprised to know that outside of these two instagrams, I didn't take a single picture. Maybe I just figured I'd leave that to Wesley and Emma... Anyway, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. It was wonderful just to relax, to look out at God's beautiful creation, and to laugh together with friends. The Teagues are more fun than I could ever explain. Can't wait to see them all again soon. :)










This one is from an old chapel and cemetery we found while hiking (slash driving up the worlds most narrow mountain round). We also went apple picking, watched football, played lots of games... Can I go back? Please?




































Okay, in an effort to have as much fun as humanly possible before I officially leave for Mississippi, we as roommates sat down and created the "Things to do before 2012" list. It's now full of ridiculous things, old traditions, and a couple things that are there just for the sake of ten years from now being able to say "One time, when I was in college...". I've only said it a million times already but I have the world's greatest roommates. When I got home last weekend, Anna and I sat down and shared an entire list of things we'd wanted to tell each other while we were apart. I'm gonna miss that more than anything.




































I'll just never understand why people can't tell us apart...

























Last Friday night was the bcm homecoming dance and these, my sweet friends, were my dates. [cause my real date lives way too far away ;)] Anyway, we had an absolute blast at the dance and went downtown for milkshakes afterwards. It was definitely a much needed night of fun and fellowship. Bcm dances are by far the most fun-- who doesn't want to dance with 100 of your best friends?

That's my quick update for this lazy Monday morning. I promise to post soon about what the Lord is teaching me and all such things but for today, I need to go get ready for a lunch date with an old friend. She's having a baby. Where is time going? Slow down, life.

And to close, a video of the best part of the football game last Saturday in Athens. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...