Wednesday, November 16, 2011

celebrate

Well, continual blogging has been a continual fail. I retract all claims that I was going to blog daily. Maybe finishing up the semester has proven to be more of a priority than expected, though I venture to say that isn't necessarily a bad thing... I have two back-to-back large presentations tomorrow and then am technically free for Thanksgiving, meaning all total that I have about a week and a half of actual college classes left. Where did it go? Slow down! I'm not ready yet...

Speaking of time flying, Monday was a day of celebrations in our apartment. Laura Sue got the only female part in Dinner Theater, our sweet little Patty finally turned 21, Babbs and Will celebrated one year of dating, and I spent the entire day smiling about the fact that for the past six months I've been blessed enough to date the boy who constantly leaves me speechless. (As in right now, when I've spent the past ten minutes trying to even think of a sufficient ending to that last sentence.) Someone asked me a few months ago if Daniel was all I'd ever dreamed of and with all honesty I told her no. No, he isn't. Cause I don't even dream that big. He's a whole lot more than I ever dreamed of asking for. So this is a public thanks to you, friend, for always being my biggest fan... for dancing with me in the kitchen when I can't sit still any longer, for constantly speaking Biblical truth into my life, for being the weirdest person I know, for always pretending, for knowing how to make me smile, for stopping every 30 minutes when I have to go to the bathroom, for constantly being patient, honest, and sincere, for always being proud of me, for loving cupcakes and pet dinosaurs, and for always watching me smile in the rearview mirror. A million miles of blessings. I love the truth that the Lord has made everything beautiful in it's time. So grateful.

I guess you could say my friends and I celebrated all the excitement by going downtown last night for the NeedtoBreathe concert at the famous Georgia Theater. It burned down earlier in my college career, and I'm excited to say that just a few weeks before I leave Athens, not only did I get to see a show inside but I got to see an epic show inside. There's nothing quite like the college concert atmosphere and certainly nothing like watching your favorite band with all your best friends. There were so many of us and we couldn't have possibly laughed more and had a better time together. I'm grateful for the incredible friends I've spent the past four years with. Words can't quite express it...


I didn't even take my camera last night. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time trying to get decent pictures and I miss out on just enjoying what's going on so I left the photography to my more talented friends. (Who just so happen to be Malaysian and Romanian. Maybe I can blame my lack of skill on my lack of diversity? Kidding.) I'm sure Duane got some sweet pictures. I'm still waiting to find something in life that he's not fantastic at... let's call this his official congratulations on getting into med school.

NeedtoBreathe played for legitimately about two hours and we danced and sang to every minute of it. At the very end of the show (after a 3 song encore) they went up to the balcony of the theater and played acoustically for a little while. I'm a big fan of that, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. :)

Ignore the fact that you can hear all of us singing in the foreground...


And somehow this song melted beautifully into this one...


Love it. And when the night finally ended, the first song that came on in the theater as we were leaving was "Get up off of that thing, shake it you'll feel better..." A definite change of pace plus the excitement of finally opening the doors and feeling the breeze was clearly the perfect recipe for a room of dancing college students. It was one of those days when you think "Really, must we grow up?" I'm not going to, I've already decided. Just watch.

I really do plan to get back to writing about more important things very soon, but for now I'm off to a precious little consignment furniture store in downtown Watkinsville with a sweet friend. Who knows what kind of treasures we'll find. Last time I went to a consignment shop I bought a giant mirror in the middle of camp but that's a story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...