Tuesday, August 16, 2011

tuesday

Nine random thoughts for a Tuesday afternoon:

1. I've officially started school back. With classes like human resource management, finance and marketing, counseling and human development services, a few others I don't care to think about right now, and a 45 hour practicum built into my schedule for the semester, you'd think I'd be pretty busy. You'd be mostly wrong. I know the work load will definitely pick up as the semester progresses, but for now I'm feeling a little guilty about how relaxed my actual schedule is. The Lord is really laying upon my heart that this semester is the time to figure out what I really want to do with my life... because I'm stressing about the fact that I have no idea. One day at a time, right?

2. I have a date with my sweet friend Jackie on Friday. I'm excited about seeing her and I think I'm going to take her to Ike and Jane. Couldn't be more excited!

3. Today I talked my best guy friend from high school into joining me in my tuesday/thursday counseling class. In eight years of friendship, we've never been in a class together before. This is going to be quite an adventure. I'm just looking forward to knowing that I'll laugh every single day. Win.

4. BCM open house is tonight! We've got a new look and a new program and I am beyond excited for next Tuesday night when we kick it all off. I'm just excited to worship again with a solid group of college kids. This year is going to be really different for me and I'm so grateful to be rooted and established in a community of love. I can't wait to see what happens!

5. I'm ready for fall. The breeze is making me want to wear shorts and long sleeves but I know that the heat isn't really over quite yet. Soon though.

6. I think I want to redesign my blog. Maybe that can go into all my free time?

7. I haven't given up on the dream of being a conference blogger. I may study up on it.

8. It's wedding weekend. In honor of such, I will now link you to my all-time favorite photography blog. Thank you, Matt and Kate, for being precious and for always making the roommates and I spend countless hours smiling at your photos.

9. I'm loving this quote right now:

"...in our hurry we leave little time for wonder, awe, or mystery. There is little room in our lives to sit speechless before the wonders of the heavens. To grow spiritually, we must slow down and stand still in the presence of mystery." 

Where did I get that, you ask? From an article posted by the ACA last year while doing research for class. Cool how God shows up in the most unexpected places.

And to close it out, some pictures I found on my phone today that made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...