Saturday, August 27, 2011

peaches

I love the freedom that not having classes on Friday gives me but the downside is that when Saturday morning rolls around, I'm about to bust to do something exciting. It's a beautiful day and I'm dreaming of going on an adventure and having a picnic at the botanical gardens. Or play a big game of hide and seek. Or explore a new city. Or go to the beach. If only... But for now, I'm going to keep watching home renovation shows with the roommates while I share some random thoughts for a Saturday morning.

You might've noticed I redesigned my blog. Thoughts? I was just ready for a change.

Our sweet friend Patty brought us some peaches yesterday. Makes me wish it were still summer time.

This sweet post by Wes touched my heart so much this morning. Stories like this one are the reason that I miss camp so much in the off season. There is nothing on earth more precious than the opportunity to love on kids and share Christ with them. I hope I never have to stop working camp...

This verse is really speaking to my heart this week:
"Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." -Hosea 6:3
Acknowledge Him. He is there. He will surely come like the spring rains... the ones that refresh and replenish the earth and will surely refresh and replenish you. All we have to do is ask. The Lord is reminding me of that day by day.

I spent some time last night and this morning reading through my old journal entries. I love doing this from time to time and seeing what the Lord has taught me and how He has grown me. I got fully captivated by watching my love story unfold... watching the times that He's called me to Him and the times He has slowly revealed things to my heart. I also love to see the things that I wrote and prayed and see how wrong I was, how He has answered those, or how they have developed. Some of them made me laugh a whole lot but more than anything I loved smiling at the things I was afraid of, the things I believed, and the requests I boldly presented to the Lord. I have a life rule that I never start a new journal until the current one is finished and it's incredible to see how that always falls at some new chapter of my life. Can't wait to see what my life looks like by the time this one is finished...

I think I found a new babysitting job... two month old baby? So. Excited.

We tried to go to the Farmer's Market this morning. In case you were wondering, it closes at noon. Maybe next week?

That's enough of my pointless blog post for today. I have some very important... nothing to get back to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...