Friday, January 28, 2011

five for friday

Friday again already? Let's be real, it feels like it's been forever. This has been a crazy week but a mostly good one... I'll leave you now with just a few thoughts. Five for Friday!

1) Yesterday I received a beautiful gift-- a pretty book sweetly wrapped in twine. Karen had been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and it mirrored a conversation we had last week so perfectly that she thought I might enjoy it. I'm devouring it right now. It's a beautifully written story that talks about living fully right where you are. I love the way she references it as "A dare to an emptier, fuller life." Let that thought soak in for a while.

2) It's game night! Get way excited!

3) I'm getting SO excited about seeing Dave Barnes tomorrow at my favorite concert venue, The Melting Point. I got to see it last year and I'm super excited to see him live again! Plus, my brother and his girlfriend (whom I am excited to meet) are coming in from Nashville for it. She is the manager of Gabriel Kelley is also playing. Apparently he's a good friend of Robert's... so excited.

4) Last night was Image Night for bcm women's ministry and I thought it went beautifully. Our theme was freedom in Christ and the room was decorated with hundreds of little paper birds, playing off Psalm 124:7 "Our soul has gone free like a bird; the net is broken and we are free." The night took a different direction than I thought it would but it was a beautiful time of worship, fellowship, and truth.

5) I said several times last night that Image Night turned into a display of all of my talented friends. God has gifted me with some beautifully talented friends in a lot of different ways. My beautiful friend Kendell lent us some of her gorgeous paintings and Season and Laura led worship. I loved Season's choice to play piano. Hands down my favorite part of the night was when Laura (whom I am blessed to say is my accountability partner!) shared a piece of her story and sang for us this beautiful song that she wrote. Nothing could ever compare to hearing it, but she told me it would be okay to share the words with you guys. I'm closing it out with this. Let this beautiful story of hope and grace rock your world-- it did mine.

She is lost in her own world
A broken hearted little girl
Where does she go from here
Where does she turn

She is tangled in the lies
Of what she needs to be satisfied
Draw her closer Lord
Take her hand

And she falls asleep with tears stuck in her eyes
And she wakes up in the morning and she cries

She walks in sadness through the night
And tells her secrets to the skies
And all her clouded dreams and whys
Clash in her bearing and her light
God wont you hold your little child

And Somewhere along the lines
Her worth was shot and ill defined
Feels like drowning
And her heart fails within

Oh my God do not delay
Heal the sorrow and the pain
Dry her cryin eyes
Hear her prayers

She knows people come and go just as they please
And she relives all her mistakes as she dreams

She walks in sadness through the night
And tells her secrets to the skies
And all her clouded dreams and whys
Clash in her bearing and her light
God wont you hold your little child

For every heart that’s ever been abandoned
Know God’s love will set you free


So walk in beauty through the night
And tell your secrets to the God on high
And leave your worries in the Father’s eyes
And He will fill you with His desires
He’ll never leave His little child.

...so lift your eyes and start to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...