Monday, January 10, 2011

comin down...

So many random thoughts to share tonight... I wonder if I can make them connect somehow. I think instead of trying, I will share with you a few current life truths:

life truth: When they say six inches, they aren't kidding. It's been snowing here for about two hours and there is already over four inches stuck to the ground. Insanity! Tomorrow should be the first day back to school but it's canceled (praaaaaise the Lord) and I cannot wait to play all day with the roommates. Tomorrow has been declared Pineview Fun Day including snowmen, sledding, and hocho. Wonderful. We have already had epic midnight sledding adventures with the entire neighborhood-- it's beautiful how everyone comes together in the snow on baking sheets, pool floats, and sleds. I saw some insane air...

life truth: The Lord provides exciting opportunities. Today was my first unofficial day at River Hills Church and I really enjoyed it. I ended up in the preschool somehow but I loved every second of it... children are so precious to me. I spent the rest of the afternoon eating wonderful mexican food and planning for youth that night (slash watching youtube videos with Will... same thing, right?)

life truth: You should always think twice about working with your best friend. It doesn't work in all situations, but I think it's going to play out beautifully for me. It is rare in life to find people you fit well with and serving alongside them can be such a blessing. Feels a bit like summer time...

life truth: God brings things full circle. Tonight Will preached on the life of Peter and the scriptures lined up almost perfectly with day 3 of CentriKid material from last summer. I enjoyed talking with the girls and pulling back out some of the thoughts I've processed over the past few months. It was beautiful.

life truth: Sometimes new friends can be a blessing. Need I say more? I'm enjoying a few new friends I've made in the past few weeks and it is such a breathe of fresh air. The Lord has blessed me with some wonderful encouragers.


life truth: Reading for pleasure is a whole different species than reading for school. I'm reading through Peter Greer's book The Poor Will Be Glad and it is absolutely rocking my world. It has such a cool perspective on missions (not to mention some wonderful photography!) and I really enjoyed listening to him talk the other day at Passion.

life truth: Sometimes I forget everything I was going to blog about. I was in the midst of writing this when Will called me to come sledding and an hour later as I pick this back up, it has all gone out of my head. Oh well, hopefully I will post some wonderful snow pics tomorrow. Until then, friends! Cinnamon roll time!

A lovely cell phone pic of the front porch... this is going to be great.

1 comment:

  1. epic...i was able to attend snow fun day 2011

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...