Friday, February 4, 2011

friday friday

Another rainy day... go figure. Somehow the month of February always shapes up to be depressing weather wise. I've been doing a lot to combat that weather... reading books, writing letters, eating an unfortunate number of cupcakes. But today is a great day to be done with class, wearing your favorite jeans, and headed into a relaxing day off.


Five thoughts:

1) I have a date tomorrow night. Yep. He's sweet, fun, has a passionate heart for the Lord, and is driving to Athens just to have dinner with me. I'm pretty pumped. A girl's really never too old to go on dates with her Dad anyway, right? :)


2) I decided just this week that I would really like to live in Europe. I'm not talking about long term, I'm just thinking for maybe a year... I picture myself living in a little villa, getting to speak french, ministering to the people of the local town, and just soaking up life. I don't know, it just sounds exciting. I'm beginning to think I picture my life after college too often and need to remember to be content with the here and now. I don't know if this is just my rainy day dreams or the Lord beginning to pull something together in my life... sometimes I think it could be both.

3) I just got started today working on a project in the Athens community and I am way excited about it. A small team of us (8 specifically...) are working to "Bring the World to Athens" and through a series of different sponsorships and large events work to be able to support sending a local Athens student who could otherwise not afford it to study abroad. A lot of ideas are being thrown around right now but I walked away from this morning's meeting excited to think of the impact this program could make on the community and on local lives today and years down the road. I'm also pumped about the thought of hosting an International Street Fair... all just ideas for now. Can you tell I have a passion for the international?


4) I'm leading a DNow in South Alabama next weekend and I am beginning to prepare and pray. I am insanely excited because this church came to camp over the summer and to be honest, some of my favorite kids were from there-- there's one in particular that I'm super excited about seeing. I'm also excited about the opportunity to jump out of Athens and serve for a weekend. God has been teaching me so much and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to share who He is and what He has done with these kids. I'm praying for connections, for relevancy, and for life change for everyone involved... myself included.

5) I'm so very tired of being sick. I got an email from the health center yesterday with the opening line "The flu is here." Great, thanks for that daunting information. I'm about to explode to just get out, go for a run, shake this off and feel better... I think it all plays back to the weather though. I will say, however, that this week has been highly productive for me academically and that I've gotten to spend some sweet time at my desk soaking up the Word, reading, and writing. I was captivated earlier this week by this quote: "If you want to change the world, pick up your pen." -Martin Luther Love it. A rainy day inside can be nice every now and then.



Well friends, that's my 5 for Friday following an uneventful week. Lunch time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...