Wednesday, May 12, 2010

my ugly blue trunk

Today I picked up my ugly blue trunk out of which I will be living for the rest of the summer. It's the first step in packing myself up and heading off to camp. I brought the poor ugly thing home and opened it up to find a sticker inside warning not to lock kids in the trunk... I guess that might come in handy. But let's be honest, the trunk isn't very big and I'm taking it as a picture of the challenge the summer is going to bring for me. It's not so much the thought of having few possessions or a small space-- I'm good at that. Sometimes, though, I don't do very well with not having my own space and a little time to myself, but I'm preparing to learn a whole lot about being selfless in the months to come.

Blogging... it's something I've been planning on getting started for a while. My journal is sitting in the chair beside me screaming at me-- I might be a little too attached to my pens and paper.

However, I'm welcoming myself to the blogging world to keep track of the summer at camp and the things that will follow via pictures, stories, and links. I'm counting this as my space to leave everything that doesn't fit in that little blue trunk... the things I learn, see, and experience that help me to hopefully become more of who God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...