Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm moving.

I'm moving...

moving from laziness into being so ready for camp.
moving from hesitation into excitement.
moving from worrying that it's going to be a long summer into feeling like time is bound to fly by so fast.

and I'm getting anxious and tired of sitting around the house. How did I do this last summer? I even considered making a run back to athens to get some things and staying the night but there are a couple of empty apartments I don't really want to see...

So what do you do to channel missing it all and being incredibly bored counting down the days? space your errands out as much as you can. watch a lot of bad movies. hang out with the one friend you've got in town and thank the Lord for her. write lots of letters. work on curriculum. browse book stores. get some exercise. journal your life away. and you do an awful lot of thinking...

why is it that during the school year we wish for free time like this?

But on a more upbeat note, the Lord is beginning to show me what an amazing summer this is going to be. I've moved from being worried about a couple things to knowing God has a lot to teach me about who I am and more importantly about who He is. Bring on the challenge, I'm up for it.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." --Joshua 1:9



and I wanted to take a minute to thank my beautiful friends, Meghan and William, for letting me take their pictures a while back-- I am still SO excited for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...