Monday, March 14, 2011

swamp chickens

I'm about thirty minutes outside New Orleans right now and it has been one crazy but beautiful trip with Karen. I think the "swamp chickens" title describes it just about perfectly...

We stopped at a beach, rolled the windows down, and blasted my favorite song, Dancing Shoes. I think nothing was sweeter in our friendship than the line "I'm so tired of the nine to five, weighing down on my soul". We've talked about an impromptu adventure for some time now and here today we found ourselves on a beach in Mississippi.... and we ate dinner at a barbecue restaurant in a trailor park. But really...

We started a eucharisto list. We sought the Lord. We ate an entire bag of peanut m&ms.

Today I had some sweet conversations with my parents. Today church was a huge blessing (maybe even a double?). Today I got a sweet phone call from an airplane. What a day of blessings.

Despite being exhausted already (thank you time change and going to work while the stars were still out...), I am fully expecting the Lord to do great things this week. Praying for unity. Praying for God to move. Praying we show love to this city and praying for safety all who are far from home tonight.

Today has been a day of swamp chickens. I'm convinved you can find beauty in anything if you look to the Lord. He's reminding me to lean fully on Him this week... I think the timing of it is going to be perfect.

The Lord is good. Nola here we come.
 
update (bc I didn't get to post this until I was here...)--
I'm working with kids tomorrow in a public school. I am SO excited to see what the Lord brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...