Tuesday, November 23, 2010

glimpses

It's been a long time since I posted any pictures so I thought I'd recap the semester a little with a few of my favorites. They're not necessarily the most photographically sound, but they hold a lot of good stories for me. This semester has been more of a blessing getting to see sweet friends and the Lord has spoken to me in some incredible ways through them. But a picture's supposed to be worth a thousand words, and here are fourteen of them. :)

Yep, this is a brick wall... In Savannah. Upon seeing it my dad said "Why would you take a picture of a wall?". Fair enough question I guess. The answer is...

...Alex, Allison, and Spencer. We had a fantastic time in Savannah and I love my precious friends for encouraging me, loving me, and humoring my desire to photograph them all day. What a blessing they were to my life that weekend!

old elevator shaft, Savannah Ga

I love getting to be a part of the line (as much a part as any girl gets to be.) While you might think it's awkward, it's a blessing to get to be part of the tradition and you know what? These boys are wonderful. We have such a good time through the missed passes and the sunburns.

This is my neighbor and one of my best friends. We had a murder mystery party for her birthday and it was hands-down one of the most epic nights of our lives. Everyone looked fantastic and got wonderfully into character. Too bad I turned out to be a cold-blooded killer...

BCM missions day... I blogged about it earlier. I love seeing the hands and feet of our students put to use for the Kingdom of God in our community. What a blessing they all are.

so sweet.

How could you not love her face?

This picture speaks love to me in so many ways-- not only the act of service of pressure washing and the precious look of my friend as he tried to figure this thing out, but I see love in the sweetly written instructions of Mr. Lee, our BCM groundskeeper, cook, service man, driver, comedian, and best friend. He'd gladly bend over backwards for any of us and often does. We're all sad to see him retire but he's not getting rid of us quite yet.

More shots from mission day...

I love the look on his face here as he tries to figure out the pressure washer without taking his hands out of his pockets... Priceless.

Downtown Madison has now become one of my favorite places. It's a precious little town and the beautiful when the leaves are turning. I've had several great trips there with the girls-- it's one of those places you could just sit and enjoy forever.

River Street on a random, chilly Wednesday night in October, post BB King Concert. That was an incredible day with the sweetest of friends for a multitude of reasons. I also just love how creepy this place looks when the tourists are all gone.

And last but not least, this is a cherpumple. I loved every minute of the insanity of baking a three layer cake with three pies baked inside, coated in three cans of icing. There were lots of laughs, almost some tears, and a whole lot of memories. Yes it weighed about twenty pounds and no, we didn't eat it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...