Sunday, January 1, 2012

happy new year!

Happy 2012, friends!

Okay, I admit it. I may have fully given up on #reverb11. For some reason, I assumed Christmas break would have a lot more free time than it has. Somehow nothing ever is quite that way though, is it?

I decided I'd kick of this year with a post of "a year in pictures"-- chronicling 2011 without words. I was pretty excited about it and had a stream of photos running through my mind when I realized that my external hard drive must be in Mississippi (I moved to Mississippi! Did I mention that?? Pictures of the new to come!) and I'm currently in Georgia. I admit that I'm not entirely sure where my hard drive is... and I admit that I'm actually really nervous about that. (I had to put my entire iphoto library on the hard drive last summer when I reached a point of not even being able to save changes to a word document on my laptop... talk about full.) I'm hoping it's in my desk drawer where it normally lives but for some reason I seem to remember one of those "oh, if I put it here I'll know exactly where it is!" moments not long ago... Those never turn out well.

Point of that story-- picture post to come in about a week. So I hope.

In the mean time, I wanted to drop in just to say Happy New Years. I love the thought of a new year but I also approach 2012 with more uncertainty than most years. One of my first thoughts when the clock struck twelve last night was "I graduate from college this year...". Of course with that realization came the mix of joy and panic that I have absolutely no idea what on earth is going to happen in my life this year. It's a little invigorating, isn't it?

My time in the Word this morning mixed with all the events and emotions of the past few days have led me to this decision, though: Today I am craving and praying for two things:
patience and adventure

It's funny, isn't it? How when we pray for patience so often what we're really praying for is that we won't need to be patient for much longer? I'm trying to get a really genuine grasp on that. Sometimes the thing about patience also is that the longer you have it, the harder it seems to get. As for adventure, I think I've just hit a place of being very tired of sitting at home. I rang in the new years while watching Sweet Home Alabama with my mom... I'm getting a little stir crazy. As I move into a wholly new chapter of my life, I can't wait to see what kind of adventures 2012 will hold. Passion starts tomorrow-- that'll be a great way to begin.

That's all for now. I'm going to go back to stressing about the location of my hard drive... and maybe help mom take down the Christmas tree. I'll leave you with this:

Last night I bought the cd "Just You and Me" by Adie and I'm definitely enjoying it. Check her out-- she's talented, adorable, a mommy of three, and just happens to be Jeremy camp's wife. Plus, how pretty is the name Adie? Loving it. Check out this video:

This was the only video of this song I could find... and it's super cheesy. On the up side, it has spanish subtitles. :)

1 comment:

  1. happiest new year to you...i'm right there with you on the patience and i completely get the idea of praying for the end of the need to have patience with something. i am looking forward to following and seeing what God has planned. blessings patience and adventure in 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...