Friday, February 24, 2012

noon time

It's not quite noon yet.

It's not quite noon yet, and I've already seen all the latest on Pinterest, already checked Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Path at least a hundred times. I've already browsed the latest sales at West Elm and World Market, already accomplished everything I needed to at work, and already reorganized my desk. Twice.

It's been a slow morning and to be honest, I'm about to explode to do something creative.

My camera is currently lounging in the top of my closet, I haven't written in weeks, and there are paint swatches taped to the wall in my living room, taunting me gently at the end of the day. I've always been told I'm creative, so I'm beginning to wonder why I'm not putting that creativity to use in any way. I look through magazines when I can, regularly rearrange things in my kitchen, walk through my favorite stores on the weekends, and constantly dream. Dream, dream, dream...

I'm in a funny place right now of trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. We knew this would happen at some point, right? Once I finish up my internship and work camp this summer (wahoo! SO excited for that!) the question then becomes... What now?

I'm browsing my possibilities right now and to be honest, I'm coming up a little short. I've decided I feel called to stay in this area, but I'm not so sure that this life of sitting here and checking emails all day is quite what the Lord has planned for me. Sure, I love the days at work when there are a million things going on; when I get to interact with people and see their events go off perfectly. I enjoy making sure all the candles get lit and all the logistics are in order. But I'm just not sure that this isn't more than just a learning opportunity for me.

So are any of you looking to hire someone with a list of random strenths? Because I'm definitely available.

 I'd like a job where I can talk ministry all day, meet regularly with people and invest in their lives, write often, plan events creatively, and be surrounded by a great sense of community. I'm also pretty great at decorating things, theming, and occassionally making cupcakes. I like a good cup of coffee and any place with great atmosphere. I'm easy to get along with. I love leadership. I'm responsible, though not very good at driving golf carts. At times I can be funny, I'm always willing to listen, and it doesn't take a whole lot to make me smile. I love kids. I love teenagers. I love not sitting in an office in the corner of a gym... I love a little energy and a lot of contact with the world.

So if that sounds like any job you can think of... please do let me know. My alternate plan in life is now to just go back to being a kid. I kinda miss the macaroni and cheese.



Until next time, dear friends... that's all. I hope soon to update on the last post I wrote about the Spirit and all I've learned since then. Heads up, some of what I said last time was true, yes, but not exactly what was meant by the verse I wrote about. More to come on that journey soon! And because I never like to post without a photo, here are two from my life this week:

Most beautiful road trip, DNow, and family time in a long time. So many blessings.

And so grateful for a little time in the sunshine, by the lake, in the Word. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...